Professional Carpet cleaning York and Upholstery cleaner in York and surrounding area
Welcome to Johnsons Brighter Carpets
My name is Paul Johnson a professional carpet cleaner and upholstery cleaner based in Acomb, York and the proud owner/operater of Johnsons Brighter Carpets, I provide an Affordable, Friendly, Reliable and Trustworthy service specialising in hard floor cleaning, upholstery cleaning and carpet cleaning in York and surrounding area. Every job I do I strive to get the best results possible, nothing less than perfection is accepted by myself. If you choose me to carry out work in your home or business you can rest assured your carpets and upholstery will be left fresher, cleaner and ready to use within hours.
I use one of the most advanced carpet cleaning systems on the market. A petrol powered machine which is mounted inside my van so there is no noisy machinery entering your property. These types of machines are usually used commercially to clean restaurants, cinemas, pubs and hotels, so when you call me to clean your carpets you’ll experience a more superior clean and much faster cleaning process. This type of machine brings the best carpet cleaning experience money can buy and allows me to give a deeper more thorough clean, more efficiently than most York carpet cleaning companies.
Areas Covered: York, Tadcaster, Sherburn in Elmet, Selby, Wetherby, Boston Spa, Boroughbridge, Harrogate, Knaresborough, Thirsk, Easingwold, Pocklington and surrounding areas
Why choose my service:
I use a powerful petrol powered, truck mounted carpet cleaning machine which are renowned for their power and speed of operation which simply can't be matched by small electric portable carpet cleaning machines used by many carpet cleaners in York. Truck mounted carpet cleaning machines offer unrivaled suction power, water pressure and heat. My specialised cleaning process is designed to allow me to clean deeper into the carpet pile and gets the job done to the highest possible standard, leaving most carpets dry in 2 - 4 hours. My truck mounted machine is a complete self dependent setup, mounted inside my van running off a 18 horse power petrol engine and has its own on board water supply and waste recovery tank and cleans up to 270 degrees Fahrenheit.
I pre spray the carpet with my carefully selected chemicals depending on type of carpet and soiling levels. Then mechanically agitate with my Counter Rotating Brush machine which rubs the pre spray deep into the carpet pile and starts to break down the soil. Then is where the power of the truck mounted cleaning system comes into play. Because i have more suction it means I can use more water to rinse with, so you get a deeper more thorough clean so you can enjoy a clean looking and fresh feeling carpet with my carpet cleaning service
Not all York carpet cleaning companies have invested in this state of the art equipment because they are so expensive to purchase, but I've decided to give my customers the best service, the best clean and the best drying times. My set up allows me to work faster, which means less inconvenience to your day.
Domestic and Commercial services
Short notice availability
7 days a week service
Fully trained and insured
Eco, Pet and Child friendly products
Hard floor cleaning
Limestone, Travertine and Marble polishing
Tile cleaning, sealing and restoration
Stain and Odour removal
Stain protection treatment
Tile cleaning and Marble polishing
As well as providing a professional carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning service in York, I also provide a tile cleaning, sealing and light restoration and marble polishing service, including: Slate, Limestone, Sandstone, Terracotta, Ceramic, Porcelain, Marble and Granite, Travertine, Quarry tiles. I also clean Vinyl and Karndean/Amtico.
We regularly clean our clothes to keep them clean and fresh, so why not regularly clean your carpets and upholstery too, how often varies widely from one environment to another. Over a period of time that fresh clean appearance will start to look dull and grubby especially walkways from hard floors, this will cause permanent damage if your carpets are not professionally cleaned regularly.
Your sofa and armchairs get a hard time everyday too, whether it's from general use to pets sleeping on them, children climbing over them or just being sat on. Food and drink spillages often result in your carpets and upholstered furniture looking old before there time. It makes sense to have them cleaned once in a while. Professional cleaning can bring them back to life giving a fresh look and feel to the whole room.
The key to keeping your carpets, upholstery and rugs clean is good maintenance. By introducing regular cleaning you will prolong there life and restore there appearance. Hot Water Extraction (steam cleaning) his my prefered method of cleaning and is widely recommended by most carpet and upholstery manufacturers and is the most efficient method to clean most types of carpets and upholstery.
End of tenancy carpet cleaning York
When you are moving out of a rented property most estate agents and landlords now add in as part of the tenancy agreement, that the carpets are professionally cleaned at the end of your tenancy. If you've had pets, some tenancy agreements will insist on having a flea treatment applied. I provide both these services, all end of tenancy carpet cleans are issued with an invoice.
General care tips:
- To prevent dirt from outside being trodden into your carpets and soiling them by doubling up on doormats. Keeping one on the inside and one on the outside of each entrance to your home.
- Act immediately when dealing with spillages to prevent staining and blot the area with an absorbent cloth, working from the outside in. Never rub it as this can cause irreversible damage to the carpet fibres. Rinse with cold water from a spray bottle then blot dry.
- Keep your carpets dust free and keep those fibres plumped up by vacuuming your home a least twice a week, at an absolute minimum.
- Carpets should be cleaned professionally a minimum of every 12 months, more often if you have children and pets.
- Protect your carpets, sofa and upholstery from the sun as UV rays can cause fading of carpet fibres and upholstery fabric.
- Vacuum your sofa and armchairs regularly to remove dust and dirt that can cause soiling and damage upholstery fibres.
- Rearranging cushions occasionally on your sofa and armchairs to ensure even wear of your cushions fabric and fillings.
Carpet cleaning after care advice:
- Drying times can vary depending on fibre content of carpet, pile density, room temperature, humidity and air circulataion.
- To speed up drying times, leave open internal doors and windows or external doors weather permitting and if possible use a fan to create air movement.
- Take care when stepping from a damp carpet onto a hard floor surface i.e. a kitchen or bathroom floor. The moisture picked up can make the floor very slippery.
- Sticky tabs or foil protectors should not be removed from beneath furniture until you are sure the carpet is dry to prevent dye transfer or rust marks from sofas/furniture.
Choosing a carpet cleaner in York is not an easy decision. Don't be tempted by misleading cheap prices and special offers. Yes, you shopped around for prices and get what you believe is the best deal, working on the basis that all York carpet cleaners are the same. It is important to choose a company that invests in the best equipment, has professional industry recognised qualifications and is fully insured. The industry is over populated with operators with cheap machinery that can leave your carpets over wet and results that are average at best.